Creating Email Accounts
ABOUT ADDING EMAIL ADDRESSES
Web Hosting Service includes Email Service. You can send and receive email at your domain. You can also forward email to an existing email address you already have.
NO NEWSLETTERS, BULK MAILING OR MASS EMAILS
email service cannot be used to send spam, bulk mailings or mass emails for marketing or newsletters. It won’t work for that and your account will be flagged if you try this. To send Newsetters or Mass Emails (the same email to many people at one time) you need MailChimp, ConstantContact, Streamsend or some other newsletter service for that. It cannot happen on our mailserver.
Setting up email can be tricky, as it involves your internet service provider and your other software (Outlook, mobile phone, etc.). We give instructions to set it up, but please understand that we won’t know what ports your internet service provider has blocked or what the various things are you’ve done in your Outlook or email client. We cant support another companies service, software or settings.
However, if you’re a credit repair cloud user and need help setting up email, you might want to schedule a 1-on-1 session with one of our experts. We can help you to setup Credit Repair Cloud and teach you to process clients, import credit reports, create a web site, add a web lead form, set up email addresses, email clients and more. Credit Repair Cloud users: click here to schedule a free session.
TO ADD AN EMAIL ACCOUNT/EMAIL ADDRESS TO YOUR HOSTING:
1) Log into hosting control panel
2) Click on Mail
3) Click Create Email Address
4) Create a password for it (remember passwords are case sensitive)
READY TO SET UP YOUR EMAIL SOFTWARE TO START SENDING AND RECEIVING EMAIL?
– If you use POP mail, know that most US Internet service providers block port 25, but port 26 is usually OK.
– Know that setting up email can be frustrating.
– Remember that your username is always your full email address
– Remember that each email address has it’s own password.
– Passwords are case-sensitive. If you use ALL CAPS it won’t work lowercase.
– If you have difficulty setting up outlook or mobile, you can also use webmail at http://webmail.YOURDOMAIN.com or www.mail2web.com
– Or just use the email forwarding and receive your new email at your old existing email address.
Is your email hosted at another company?
If you already have existing email service with that other company
- Please contact that other company and change your MX settings in our hosting PRIOR to changing your nameservers to electricwebhost.com otherwise your email cease to function.
- You can change MX settings yourself in your Hosting Control panel. If you need assistance in our hosting panel, please contact the other company (GoDaddy, etc) first and ask them for the exact MX settings needed in order to host the website with us and keep your email service with them. Then forward those instructions to us in a support ticket (with a friendly note explaining what you’re trying to do.
If you already have email service from another company where the domain is registered
We recommend that you continue email service with them. That will cause you the least amount of work as you wont need to reconfigure everything.
Sending Mass Mailings or Newsletters
**DO NOT SEND MASS MAILINGS!**
This is cause for termination. We’re not a bulk mailing service and we do not allow mass mailings or newsletters on our server. Additionally, our spam controls will prevent mass emailings from being sent. Next, mail services will mark you as a spammer, no customers will receive your emails and your website will be terminated. Always send mass emails with a bulk-mailing service like Streamsend or MailChimp. A free account at MailChimp allows you to send 12,000 emails per month for free.